Monday, August 20, 2007

# XV. WEB 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future of Libraries

There is a world of technology that I am just learning about thanks to 23 things...I look forward to exploring the virtual possibilities that are available. In addition to the hardware and software the perception of what it means to be a librarian is part of the present and the future as well. I was raised on the card catalog so the virtual world and computers are still a slightly scary mystery for me. I was also taught that it was cheating to ask others for help. Group work is the norm in school and in the business world. Sharing information only makes us stronger, more efficient and have a better chance of being successful. "The Machine is Us"
Working in Tech services I would like to see a faster more efficient method to retrieve bibliographic information. I found the "to better bibliographic services" and "endeca-based NC state catalog" very informative.
I plan to investigate this area of technology in more depth very soon.

No comments: