Monday, August 20, 2007

# XVI. Learn about WIKIs

The only WIKI I knew of before this was wikipedia. On the negative side, I don't like the idea that people can contribute without being qualified. I didn't know until this "thing" that anyone can edit anyone's WIKI or write mean spirited or false statements.

On the positive side, people who aren't techies can create a website without too much training. The public can benefit from a Library WIKI or another organization that is monitored responsibly. I liked the SJCPL Subject guide. I learned some good information for genealogy research. I also liked the Library 2.0 in 15 min. There are more "things" to do and some good explanations/directions for how to learn about them. I also liked the Book Lovers WIKI. I saw some books there that I wasn't familiar with and I liked the reviews. I looked at Merlin and know I will be returning there for more investigation because I want to find more training and learn more about what other libraries in Maryland are doing and have to offer.

No comments: