Wednesday, August 22, 2007

#XVIII. Web-based online productivity tools

I really like the ability to access the documents from anywhere. What a great idea. When I go visit family or travel on vacation I have access to everything I need wherever I am.
I created some documents in Zoho Writer. I modified a template (ID Card) and changed some of the settings for the appearance of the word processing site. I found it confusing to use. I could click to the templates and preview them but I didn't see how to get back to word processing again. I had a difficult time with the template. I couldn't change the size of it. I did download a photo from flickr and insert it in the ID Card. I wanted to put it in this post but wasn't able to figure it out. Too much time needed too.
I just happened to use Google.docs on Sunday. I needed to type some information while in gmail and thought I would try doing there instead of going to Word. It seemed easy to use and easier to understand. I was able to email the info easily and quickly. I don't think it has all the options but I probably won't need them anyway.

No comments: